Wednesday, September 11, 2002

I have decided that I would like to accept the responsibilities of a 6 year old again. I want to go to road side dhaba and think that it's a four star restaurant. I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make ripples with rocks.

I want to think Parle's orange peppermints are better than money, because you can eat them. I want to play gulli-danda during recess and paint with watercolors in art. I want to lie under a big banyan tree and go to sleep. I want to return to a time when life was simple. When all I knew were colors, addition tables and simple nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother me, because I didn't know what I didn't know and I didn't care.

When all I knew was to be happy because I didn't know all the things that should make me worried and upset. I want to think that the world is fair. That everyone in it is honest and good. I want to believe that anything is possible.

What happened to the time when I thought that everyone would live forever, because I didn't grasp the concept of death? When I thought the worst thing in the world was if someone took my skipping rope from me or picked me last for the cricket that we played during recess.

I want to be oblivious to the complexity of life and be overly excited by little things once again. I remember being naive and thinking that everyone was happy because I was. I would walk by the lake near our fields and only think of the sand between my toes or the prettiest round stone that I could find. I would spend my afternoons climbing trees or riding my bike.

I want to be 6 year old again. That's the kind of superpower that I would love to have. Always be a tiny-tot. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics