Friday, March 14, 2003

"I'll always say, you were a friend of mine..."

When I first walked into this office, I was nervous. I was apprhensive. I didn't know how my team would accept me. I guess most people get that feeling when they go to a new job and I was no different.

But my team, they were superb. They gave me a nick name the moment I stepped in. Everyone calls me 'malteser' (they melt in your mouth and not in your hands ;-) ). This is what I hate about leaving a job. I get too friendly with everyone and I hate leaving them. I wish I could take all my friends with me, wherever I went.

Today is my last day at work. And here I am watching cricket on my trading screens.

"Malteser... come here for a sec plz"

End of the over, I remove the headphones and walk towards the team. And out comes a cricket bat. A bat that has been signed by all the members of the England team and the Srilankan team.

I'm speechless. I just have tears in my eyes :')

Another pack comes out. This time it's a t-shirt. Signed by all the members of my analyst team. Its' got our company name plus the logo and it says "I've not been torched". Yes, I have made it through an investment bank without actually burning. :-)

I will miss them. The bat, the t-shirt... they will be with me for life. :-)

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

And to you, my fellow bloggers, here is an old song that I want to share with you:

As far as my eyes can see
There are Shadows approaching me
And to those I left behind
I wanted you to Know
You've always shared my deepest thoughts
You follow where I go

And oh when I'm old and wise
Bitter words mean little to me
Autumn Winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time
When they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine
And the sadness would be Lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

As far as my Eyes can see
There are shadows surrounding me
And to those I leave behind
I want you all to know
You've always Shared my darkest hours
I'll miss you when I go

And oh, when I'm old and wise
Heavy words that tossed and blew me
Like Autumn winds that will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time
When they ask you if you knew me
Remember that You were a frined of mine
As the final curtain falls before my eyes
Oh when I'm Old and wise

As far as my eyes can see


This is going to be my last post for a long time to come. But I will continue to read and comment on your blogs, whenever I do get time. Ahead of me lies a challenge to rebuild my career in India. I have made some wonderful blogging friends and I will always remember you and wish you well. Good-bye. And thank you for making me that much more knowledgable and wiser.

I wish we could never stop learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics