Sunday, March 02, 2003

Couple more reasons why I love US of A

The first one is the abyssmal level Amercia stoops to in order to always win. The Observer reveals the dirty tricks that America is up to in order to win the vote on Iraq war at the UN. Basically US is trying to increase surveilance which involves interception of the home and office telephones and the emails of UN delegates. So what is new in Americas' behavior? Well practically nothing. I wonder why people ask me the reasons as to why I don’t write anything good about America. You can read the memo here.

On to the second reason why I love America. This story “Tintin goes to Hollywood”, states that Steven Spielberg has got the exclusive rights to convert as many Tintin books into movies. Hurrah! I mean I am a really great fan of Tintin and I have the entire collection, and have also watched most of his cartoons. What irks me is that Spielberg is thinking of giving Tintin a sex change! To top that he wants to cast Jean Claude Van-Damme for the role of Tintin, Richard Gere for the role of Captain Haddock and Courtney Love as Bianca Castafiore.

So this is where I am confused. He wants Tintin to have sex change and wants Van Damme to play the role. Does Spielberg have doubt that Van Damme is a man? Or does he think Tintin is a lady? Hyuk hyuk, now you know why I loveee America. ;-) It would also help if Spielberg realised that Tintin was a 'boy' reporter and not some martial arts muscle machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics